Samarth S. Raut, PhD
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Dharwad, Karnataka, India.
E-mail : sraut -AT--> iitdh.ac.in
Office : 2B-6, Second Floor, Academic Building, IIT Dharwad (WALMI Campus).
- Patient-specific biomedical simulation
- Computational soft-tissue biomechanics
- 3D model and mesh generation
- Computer vision applications
- Digital Twins
I am actively looking for energetic researcher to fill following positions:
Project - 3D Depth sensing for motion tracking
Deadline to apply 18th May 2022, 4:00pm.
- Indian nationals : Apply through normal rounds of admission announced on IIT Dharwad portal >> Academics >>Admissions.
- International students can apply through Study In India . PhD aspirants from ASEAN countries are encouraged to additionally consider Doctoral Fellowship in India for ASEAN
||Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
||Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
- Samsung R&D Institute India, Bangalore, Senior Chief Engineer (2015-19)
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Post-doctoral fellow (2012-15)
- Applied Materials India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, Design Engineer (2006-08)
Autumn 2021 session
- Engineering Mechanics
- Machine Drawing and 3D Solid Modeling Lab (ME205)
Previously tought courses:
Please check the
Google Scholar link for detailed list.
- Avazmohammadi R., Soares J., Li D.S., Raut S.S. , Gorman R.C., Sacks M.S., "A contemporary look at biomechanical models of myocardium", Annual Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, 2019, 21, 417-442 (link )
- Jesus U., Roy A., Raut S.S. , Anton R., Muluk S.M., Finol E.A., "Geometric surrogates of abdominal aortic aneurysm wall mechanics", Medical Engineering and Physics, 2018, 59(1): 43-49 (link )
- Park J., Choi S., Janardhan A.H., Lee S.Y., Raut S.S. , Soares J., Shin K., Yang S., Lee C., Kang K.W., Cho H.R., Kim S.J., Seo P., Hyun W., Jung S., Lee H.J., Lee N., Choi S.H., Sacks M., Lu N., Josephson M.E., Hyeon T., Kim D.H., Hwang H.J.,"Electromechanical cardioplasty using a wrapped elasto-conductive epicardial mesh", Science Translational Medicine, 2016,8(344): 344ra86-344ra86 (link )
- Raut S.S. , Liu P., Finol E.A., "An approach for patient-specific multi-domain vascular mesh generation featuring spatially varying wall thickness modeling", Journal of Biomechanics, 2015, 48(10), 1972-1981 (link )
- Raut S.S. , Jana A., et al, "The Importance of Patient-Specific Regionally Varying Wall Thickness in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Biomechanics," J Biomech Eng., 2013, 135(8), 081010-10 (link )
- Raut S.S. , Chandra S., et al, "The Role of Geometric and Biomechanical Factors in Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Rupture Risk Assessment", Ann Biomed Eng., 2013, 41(7), 1459-1477 (link )
- Chandra S., Raut S.S. , et al, "Fluid-Structure Interaction Modeling of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: the impact of patient-specific inflow conditions and fluid/solid coupling", J Biomech Eng., 2013, 135(8), 081001-14 (link )
- Raut S.S. , “Methods and systems for seamless multifactor authentication based on a user gesture", India Patent application
201941022931, Date filed June. 10, 2019, Patent Pending
- Raut S.S. , "Mapping of user made sketches to objects", India Patent application 201941014542, Date filed Apr. 10, 2019,
- Raut S.S. , "Method and system for friction ridge vibration based biometric authentication and gesture recognition",
India Patent application 201841015522, Date filed Apr. 24, 2018, Patent Pending
- Raut S.S. , Deotale G.P., "System providing biometric spoof attack susceptibility assessment in an electronic device and a system thereof", India Patent application 201741028210, Date filed Aug. 8, 2017, Patent Pending
- Deotale G.P., Raut S.S. , Shah J.S., "Method for enabling interaction using fingerprint on display and electronic device thereof", US Patent application US20190095079A1, Date filed Sept. 14, 2018, Patent Pending (link )
- De A.A., Mathur S., Deotale G.P., Raut S.S. , Shaik K., Vijay A., Das S., Malla A.H., "Method and electronic device for providing multi-level security", US Patent application US20180173867A1, Date filed Nov. 13, 2017, Patent Pending (link )