I am an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Instititute of Technology Dharwad.
I have completed my BE in Mechanical Engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani and my MTech and PhD (2018) in Aerospace Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. My PhD thesis was on studying the origins of aeroelastic instabilities in compressor cascades at large mean incidences, under the guidance of Prof. Abhijit Kushari. I worked as a post-doctoral researcher at Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, under the mentorship of Prof. Saptarshi Basu. I am working as an Assistant Professor at IIT Dharwad since September, 2019.
My research interests are turbomachinery aerodynamics, flow control, and internal flows.
M. C. Keerthi and A. Kushari. Spanwise Variations in Aerodynamic Damping of an Oscillating Annular Compressor Cascade. Journal of Propulsion and Power, 36(5):685-701, 2020.
M. C. Keerthi and A. Kushari. Experimental study of aerodynamic damping of an annular compressor cascade with large mean incidences. Journal of Turbomachinery, 141(6):061002, 2019.
M. C. Keerthi, Shubham and A. Kushari. Aerodynamic influence of oscillating adjacent airfoils in a linear compressor cascade. AIAA Journal, 55(12):4113-4126, 2017.
M. C. Keerthi, A. Kushari, and V. Somasundaram. Experimental Study of Suction Flow Control Effectiveness
in a Serpentine Intake. ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, 139(10):101104-101104-12, 2017.
M. C. Keerthi and A. Kushari. Effect of Adjacent Blade Oscillation on the Forces on a Blade of a Compressor Cascade. Journal of Aerospace Science and Technologies, 69(1), NPC2015-98-2017, 2017.
M. C. Keerthi, M. S. Rajeshwaran, A. Kushari, and A. De. Effect of leading-edge tubercles on compressor cascade performance. AIAA Journal, 15:1–12, 2015.
M. C. Keerthi and A. Kushari. Effectiveness of vortex generator jets and wall suction on separated flows in serpentine-duct diffuser. Aerospace Science and Technology, 34:12–19, 2014.
S. Chandra, M. C. Keerthi, A. Kushari, and R. K. Sullerey. Flow control in serpentine inlet duct using vortex generator jets. Journal of Aerospace Science and Technologies, 64:758, 2012.
Presenters' names underlined.
- M. C. Keerthi, and A. Kushari. Effect of adjacent blade oscillation on the forces on a blade of a compressor cascade. Paper no. NPC2015-98. Second National Propulsion Conference, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India, February 23–24, 2015.
- M. C. Keerthi and A. Kushari. Effectiveness of Vortex Generator Jets and Wall Suction in Serpentine–duct Diffuser. Paper no. P-128. Twenty fifth National Convention of Aerospace Engineers, BIT Mesra, Mesra, India, November 4–5, 2011.
- M. C. Keerthi, R. H. Sundararaj, T. C. Sekar, R. Arora, and A. Kushari. Design and characterization of an annular cascade tunnel. Paper no. ACGT2016-67. Proceedings of the Asian Congress on Gas Turbines. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India, November 14–16, 2016.
- Shubham, M. C. Keerthi, and A. Kushari. Numerical study of effect of adjacent blades oscillation in a compressor cascade. Paper no. ACGT2016-68. Proceedings of the Asian Congress on Gas Turbines. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India, November 14–16, 2016.
- R. Arora, R. H. Sundararaj, T. C. Sekar, M. C. Keerthi, and A. Kushari. Three axis nozzle thrust measurement facility. Paper no. ACGT2016-66. Proceedings of the Asian Congress on Gas Turbines. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India, November 14–16, 2016.
M. C. Keerthi, and A. Kushari. Experimental study of the unsteady blade forces in an oscillating annular compressor cascade. Paper no. GTINDIA2015-1333. ASME 2015 Gas Turbine India Conference, Hyderabad, India, December 1–3, 2015.
M. C. Keerthi, A. Kushari, A. De, and A. Kumar. Experimental investigation of effects of leading-edge tubercles on compressor cascade performance. Paper no. GT2014-26242. ASME Turbo Expo 2014: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition, Düsseldorf, Germany, June 16–20, 2014.
M. C. Keerthi, A. Kushari, and V. Somasundaram. Study of serpentine intake performance with and without flow control. XXI International Symposium on Air Breathing Engines, Busan, Korea, September 9–13, 2013.
The homepages of the courses that I teach are linked below.
Keerthi M. C.,
Department of Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad,
WALMI Campus, Near High Court,
Karnataka, India 580 011.
Office no. 1B4, First Floor, Administrative building.